Thursday, March 12, 2009

Know Your Customers

A disappointed salesman of Coca Cola returns from his Middle East assignment. A friend asked, "Why weren't you successful with the Arabs?" The salesman explained "When I got posted in the Middle East , I was very confident that I would make a good sales pitch as Cola is virtually unknown there. But, I had a problem I didn'! t know to speak Arabic. So, I planned to convey the message through three posters...




First poster: A man lying in the hot desert sand...totally exhausted and fainting.
Second poster: The man is drinking our Cola.
Third poster: Our man is now totally refreshed.

And then these posters were pasted all over the place
"Then that should have worked!" said the friend."
"The hell it should have! " said the salesman.
"I didn't realize that Arabs read from right to left"

No comments:

Post a Comment